Rivers Agency Account Managers keep the customer and the agency satisfied. They typically oversee a handful of advertising and marketing accounts and serve as the primary point of agency contact for their clients. They also represent the client at agency meetings. Their job is to communicate both good and bad news to a client with tact and composure, answer questions, and make certain they receive what they asked for as part of their agency contractual agreement.
It’s a challenging role requiring a careful balance between the client’s needs, wants and priorities, and the agency’s bottom line. Account Managers play a crucial role in client retention as well as potentially bringing in new business as part of an existing client referral process.
1-3 years experience in Marketing (preferably some Agency environment experience)
Agency Account Managers must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. They must be able to finesse delicate client relationships while driving the agency to produce its best results. Rivers Agency Account Managers must develop an understanding of:
- The client’s business model
- The marketplace and factors affecting sales
- Advertising techniques from creative, research and media outreach
Balancing the needs of the client against the agency’s bottom line, while being driven by a complex timeline of tasks, requires finesse as well as stress management and organizational skills.
Collaboration and teamwork is key to this role. In addition to all the “soft” people skills, Account Managers must be extremely organized, particularly if they have several clients to manage simultaneously.
Core day to day duties:
The Account Manager’s job duties include having a strong but non-aggressive leadership style.
- Creating and maintaining project timelines, status, budget tracking, meeting agendas and follow up notes and action items
- Thinking and planning ahead for client
- Writing proposals and making recommendations to address current and potential client’s business problems and needs
- Reviewing and proofing creative and projects to ensure they meet the standards of the agency and the expectations with the client
How to Apply
Submit your resume along with a personalized cover letter, letting us know why you want to work here and why you're the perfect fit for the role.
In order to be considered, you must submit a link to your online portfolio.
Submit resume, cover letter and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org